Career and technical education provides students with the academic and technical skills, knowledge and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners. Career and technical education prepares learners for the world of work by introducing them to workplace competencies and makes academic content accessible to students by providing it in a hands-on context. Career and technical education is at the forefront of preparing youth to succeed in fast-growing, high paid jobs in high growth industries around the country.
- Free and open to students from Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, Little Compton and Newport
- Transportation is provided from your district at no additional cost
- Graduate with job skills, industry credentials and a diploma
- Acquire the hands-on experience that employers are looking for
- Build real-world experience through job shadow, internship and student-run business
- Participate in national competitions and win thousands of dollars in scholarship prizes
- Develop a professional network through industry partnerships
- Attend Boston College, Boston University, Harvard University, Brown University, Johnson & Wales, Parson’s School of Design, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Culinary Institute of America, Rochester Institute of Technology, University of Rhode Island and more
- Own many prosperous Aquidneck Island businesses
- Have successful careers with competitive salaries
- Have gained full-time employment through program internship and apprenticeship opportunities
Who do you know in this year's NACTC video?