TMS Daily Announcements
PTO -- Today is the day to pick up your fundraiser delivery. Please pick up you orders in the back of the school from 12 –3.
Tri-M will be meeting this Today 11/14 after school from 2:30-3:00 in music room 230.
Check in for the Newport Community School is at 2:30 in the cafeteria. Please remember to bring your homework, book and agenda. Today’s programs are Bootcamp, Like A Seahawk, You Keep Me In Stitches, and Movies.
Basketball There will be a boys basketball meeting Friday at 2:30 in the gym. The meeting is mandatory to all that will be trying out!
The Cantastic Challenge! Canned food items will be collected in your cluster. The cluster that collects the most points will win a pizza party. Check out the posters to see what items score your cluster points. Good luck!
Attn: Yearbook Staff- We will have a yearbook meeting on Tuesday, 11/19 from 2:30-3:00 in Ms. McDonnell's room.
Joke of the day: Why was the broom late? Because it over swept!
Thursday Nov 14th 6pm PTO Meeting
Saturday Nov 16th 5pm TMS Parent Social at The Parlor (more information to come)
On Friday November 22nd, the Student Council will be holding their Annual Thanksgiving Dinner. The PTO has offered to help secure donations of paper goods and money to help offset the costs of the dinner. If you wish to donate please click on the below link. Thank you for supporting the students.
The TMS PTO invites all Thompson Parents to a Parents Night Out at the Parlor Saturday Nov 16 5-7. For more information please visit the PTO Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/847781908732158/?ref=share
Retake photos will be on November 18th. Students who were absent on the original picture date, any student who purchased pictures and would like a retake should return the photos along with a $5 processing fee to have their pictures taken. If you have questions for the photographer please text her at 401-837-0554.
It’s that time of year again where we are taking yearbook orders! The cost is $18 until January 15, 2020, and then the cost will increase to $20. Last year we sold out and unfortunately, not everyone who wanted a yearbook was able to buy one. You can order a yearbook online at Jostens.com and pay with a credit card or complete the information below and pay with cash or a check made payable to Thompson Middle School. Students can give the form and payment to their homeroom teachers who will in turn get the information to the yearbook advisor, Sharon McDonnell. If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student’s Name: _____________________________________________
- Grade: __________________________ Homeroom Teacher: _____________________
- 8TH GRADE PARENTS/GUARDIANS ONLY:
- Would you like to order a congratulatory ad for your son or daughter? It's really easy! Go to Jostens.com and enter Thompson Middle School, set up an account, and then click on “Yearbook Recognition Ads”. You can write a message only or you can upload some pictures too! Congratulatory ads will be accepted through February 13, 2020. You cost of the ad depends on the size.
- ⅛ of page is $25, ¼ of page is $50, ½ of a page is $100, and a full page is $200.
- If you have any questions you can email Ms McDonnell at email@example.com. Thank you.