Download Course Profile as a .pdf fileCOURSE PROFILE
COURSE TITLE: Music Production Lab 1
DEPARTMENT: Music Department TEACHER: Corey Johnson
OBJECTIVES: The Rogers High School Music Production Class will:
• develop each student’s inherent musicality through projects using various teacher directed music production and composition techniques
• survey various computer applications in music through directed projects in notation, composition, midi and digital audio recording techniques and multimedia projects
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS: Students are expected to:
• work collaboratively in the music production lab to create the following: music notation, sequencing, composition and multimedia projects
• maintain a journal of required terms and information
• actively participate in the development of their technical and appreciative skills
BOOKS, MATERIALS, SUPPLIES:
• Students are expected to bring a folder and a pencil or pen to class each day.
• Music, texts and other materials will be provided as needed by the instructor.
(Please see each Quarter Syllabus or Aspen for the latest grading information)
● Performance Tasks & Assignments – 50%
● Quizzes/Tests – 50%
This course has two Performance Based Assessments (PBAs): Quarter 1 – Six Song Mix
You must pass these assignments to show proficiency. Quarter 2 – ABA Song
HOMEWORK: Unfinished assignments may be completed during advisory/after-school/lunch with teacher permission, but will receive a late grade. Work may be completed at home with the following equipment: Mixcraft 6, Audacity or comparable notation program. (Garageband)
MAKE -UP WORK: Students with an excused absence make up work missed in class. Please see instructor to schedule an appointment to complete work after-school.
CLASSROOM RULES: Students are expected to follow the general rules set forth by Rogers High School as well as the Lab Rules.
TIMES AVAILABLE FOR CONFERENCES, TUTORING, EXTRA HELP: Parents can call the school for an appointment. Students can see the instructor before or after school by appointment. Advance notice is requested.