1. Birth Certificate-(Official Copy only), Passport, or Military ID
2. Proof of Immunization and physical exam
3. Parent/Guardian Photo ID
4. Proof of Residency-Students must reside in Newport with parent/guardian and provide one of the following:
· Current utility bill, not including cell phone bills
· Current rental/lease
· If it is a 'lives with' situation, the person you are living with (i.e. family, friend) is required to write a letter to the Newport School Department explaining the living situation. Proof of residency for the person you are living with is also required, an attendance officer will verify.
Before you register your Pre-K child, please contact Nichole Cardoza for more information.
Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 4
The Technology Office is located in Rogers High School Room 416, which is easily accessible from the rear parking lot off Old Fort Road, across the street from the Newport Fire Department. Parking is available near the tennis courts. Enter Rogers High School directly across from the main entrance to the Newport Area Career and Technical Center, through the red door in the corner with the REGISTRATION sign.
To find out more about before and after school childcare, click here.
Grades 5 through 8
Please contact JoAnn Gorman
Thompson Middle School
Newport, RI 02840
Grades 9 through 12
15 Wickham Road
Newport, RI 02840
(401) 847-6235 ext. 2
In order to complete the registration packet prior to your visit, click on 2016-2017 Registration Packet to download the packet to your computer. You will need Adobe Reader to complete the forms on your computer. To download Adobe Reader, click here. If you do not have a printer, the saved unsigned forms can be emailed to email@example.com. Once you arrive to register, we can print them for your signature.