Quick Reference Support Guide
With the new NPSRI IT helpdesk, opening service requests is very simple. You can send an email or just call a phone number.
To open a service request via Email:
Information to make sure you include when emailing a request for assistance –
- Name and phone number that we can use to reach you
- Description of the problem
- Where you are located, including school name and room number
Making sure to always include the above information will allow our helpdesk staff to assist you as quickly as possible.
To open a service request via phone call:
If you are using your classroom phone dial Ext 5362
Service Request Status / Escalation
The Service Desk professionals should be keeping you updated throughout the lifecycle of your request. If you need to follow up on the status of an existing service request the process is to:
- Call the Service Desk – 401-619-5362 or Ext 5362
- State that you are requesting an update or status on an existing service request
- Provide customer name, contact details and the existing ticket number if known
- A Service Desk professional will review the ticket and ticket history and supply a current update
- If the resource assigned to the ticket is currently available, your call will be transferred to assist in resolving your request
- If the resource assigned to the ticket is currently unavailable, the Service Desk professional will attempt to assist you, otherwise, will document your status request in the ticket and notify the assigned resource to follow up
- If the ticket was forwarded to one of the onsite technicians for resolution, our helpdesk team will coordinate with the onsite staff to get you an update.
Service Level Agreement (SLA):
-Service not available (all users and functions unavailable).
-Significant degradation of service (large number of users or business critical functions affected).
-Limited degradation of service (limited number of users or functions affected, business process can continue).
-Small service degradation (business process can continue, one user affected).
- All IT requests to be funneled through the helpdesk
- IT will respond to all Helpdesk requests per above SLA
- No IT Helpdesk request will stay open for more than 7 days