Click for PDF Rogers High School
School Year 2014-2015
Department: Social Studies Course: World History
Teacher: Mrs. Angela Johnson Rooms 223 and 136
Course Description: The focus of this course will be the exploration of key events of both historical and global significance beginning with early civilizations and continuing through the modern era. Students will have an understanding of world history through the politics, economies and the societies of different cultures and its people.
Student Requirements/Expectations: Students are expected to arrive to class, on time, prepared and ready to learn. A prepared student has their textbook, notebook, agenda and a writing utensil. Students are also required to maintain their in-class portfolio.
Students are also required to adhere to the Rogers High School’s policies concerning attendance, responsibility and respect as outlined in the 2014-2015 Student Agenda (p. 6-25).
Books, Materials, Supplies: Textbook: WORLD HISTORY: The Modern Era, notebook, agenda
· Homework/Classwork/Participation 25%
· Writing Assignments/Vocabulary 20%
· Quizzes 25%
· Tests (portfolio included) 30%
Make-up work: Students are required to become familiar with the classroom portfolio system. Here, students will be able to collect and review any missed work due to absence. Students have one (1) day to make up work for every one (1) day of excused absence. If the student is unexcused from the class, the student will receive a zero for that assignment. An unexcused absence will also result with a grade of zero on any tests, quizzes or projects that were due that day.
Homework: Students will be assigned homework on a regular basis. Students will be required to use not only our textbook, but other sources as well. Written assignments, current events and other work will be assessed daily. Any work that is missed will be in the classroom’s master portfolio for students to collect.
· Students are to arrive to class on time and prepared.
· Students are to acknowledge the rules, regulations and philosophies of the Newport Public Schools and Rogers High School as outlined in your 2014-2015 Student Agenda.
· Students are to respect themselves and others around them. Please do not disrupt others from learning.
· Cell phones & ipods are not allowed in the classroom.
· Food or drink (besides water) is not allowed in the classroom.
· Students will have limited use of the hall pass.
Teacher Availability: I will be available, afterschool, in room 223 or in the RHS library. Students and guardians are encouraged to contact me at RHS or email: email@example.com.