Rogers High School’s Comprehensive Guidance Statement of Philosophy
The counselors at Rogers High School grades 9-12 believe that:
☛Evaluated on stated goals and to related student competencies.
- All students have the right to be served by the guidance program which shall have appropriate staffing resources at every level.
- All students should have access to; a school counselor to address personal, social, academic and career issues for career and educational planning.
- All students will be presented the opportunities to make choices within the educational system.
- Students and faculty shall be encouraged to recognize and appreciate the unique contributions from our diverse school community.
- The Guidance Program shall be:
☛Implemented by the counselors, teachers, students, parents, and community members
☛Managed by certified guidance counselors
- Guidance Program services shall be available to local community members as resources allow.
- The student, with the assistance of school professional staff, and parent are primarily responsible for monitoring the student’s educational progress.
- An ongoing review and revision of the Guidance Program by counselors is necessary to maintain a quality Guidance Program.
- Students shall have access to a counselor with whom they may discuss guidance concerns with confidentiality maintained according to the ethical standards.
- The professional mandates and guidelines proposed by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) shall constitute minimal standards for the Guidance Program (see ASCA’s Ethical Standards and Standards for Professional School Counselors at www.schoolcounselor.org)
- There will be a mandatory ongoing program for counselor competency renewal.