Rogers High School
COURSE PROFILE for RESOURCE
Academic Year – 2013-2014
William Kimes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
DESCRIPTION: This class is designed to support the student with an Individualized Education Plan and is aligned to his/her specific IEP goals. Progress monitoring and academic support are key components to this course.
OBJECTIVES: The student will be able to:
· recognize appropriate academic strategies and skills
· apply the appropriate strategies and skills to all general education content areas
· work with his/her resource teacher to assure the IEP goals are met and that utilized accommodations and modifications are effective.
· Students are expected to bring assignments from their academic classes.
· Class participation, attendance, and cooperation are necessary for success.
· Students are expected to be prepared for class by arriving with agenda book, writing utensils, and materials needed for assignments.
GRADING POLICY: Students receive a daily grade based on a rubric and will receive a Pass or Fail grade quarterly.
CLASSROOM RULES: All applicable RHS rules and teacher specified rules will apply. Students will not be given passes during class unless there is an emergency.
TIME AVAILABLE FOR CONFERENCES, TUTORING, EXTRA HELP: Specific times and locations may be obtained from the individual teacher. Students and parents are welcome to email the teacher or contact the guidance office at 401-847-6235.