Students will be working in a consumable textbook. This means that they will write directly in the textbook and they will keep it at the end of the school year as a reference tool.Grade 7 Overview - CCSS
Focus on Ratios and Proportional Relationships - Unit 1
Focus on The Number System - Unit 2
Focus on Expressions and Equations - Unit 3
Focus on Geometry - Unit 4
Focus on Statistics and Probability - Unit 5
The CCSS Mathematical Practices will be woven throughout the units.Mathematical Practices
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.