Registration is now open for new students for the 2016-2017 school year. Registrations are by appointment only. Please click on the button below to schedule your appointment.
All registrants must provide evidence of the following information at the scheduled registration appointment:
1. Birth Certificate-(Official Copy only), Passport, or Military ID
2. Proof of Immunization and physical exam
3. Parent/Guardian Photo ID
4. Proof of Residency-Students must reside in Newport with parent/guardian and provide one of the following:
· Current utility bill, not including cell phone bills
· Current rental/lease
· If it is a 'lives with' situation, the person you are living with (i.e. family, friend) is required to write a letter to the Newport School Department explaining the living situation. Proof of residency for the person you are living with is also required, an attendance officer will verify.Pre-K registrationPlease contact Nichole Cardoza,Early Childhood Coordinator401-619-3054
Before you register your Pre-K child, please contact Nichole Cardoza for more information.
Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 4Please contact the Technology Office109 Old Fort RoadNewport, RI 02840(401) 847-2100 ext 1416Please visit the Kindergarten registration page for more information.
The Technology Office is located in Rogers High School Room 416, which is easily accessible from the rear parking lot off Old Fort Road, across the street from the Newport Fire Department. Parking is available near the tennis courts. Enter Rogers High School directly across from the main entrance to the Newport Area Career and Technical Center, through the red door in the corner with the REGISTRATION sign.
To find out more about before and after school childcare, click here.
Grades 5 through 8
Please contact Debbie Grover
Thompson Middle School
Newport, RI 02840
Grades 9 through 12Please contact Jo Ann Gorman
JoAnnGorman@npsri.netRogers High School
15 Wickham Road
Newport, RI 02840
(401) 847-6235 ext. 2
In order to complete the registration packet prior to your visit, click on 2016-2017 Registration Packet to download the packet to your computer. You will need Adobe Reader to complete the forms on your computer. To download Adobe Reader, click here. If you do not have a printer, the saved unsigned forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you arrive to register, we can print them for your signature.