About Us / Welcome
Meet the Administration Team
Registration is now open for new students for the 2022 - 2023 school year. Registrations are by appointment only. Please click on the BOOK NOW! button at the bottom of this page to schedule your appointment.
All registrants must provide evidence of the following information at the scheduled registration appointment:
1. Original Birth Certificate-(Official Copy only), Passport
2. Proof of Immunization and Physical Exam
3. Parent/Guardian Photo ID
4. Proof of Residency-Students must reside in Newport with parent/guardian and provide one of the following:
· Current Gas/Electric bill (phone bills not accepted)
· Current rental lease
· If it is a 'lives with' situation, the Newport resident you are living with (i.e. family, friend) is required to write a letter explaining the living arrangement to the Newport School Department, signed and notarized. Newport resident is also required to provide his/her Proof of Residency, an attendance officer will verify.
Please contact Nichole Cardoza
Early Childhood Coordinator
Before you register your Pre-K child, please contact Nichole Cardoza for more information.
Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 Registration
Please contact Jamie Meeks
Office of Student Services
Please visit the Kindergarten registration page for information on Kindergarten Open Enrollment events for the 2022/2023 School Year.
Registration is by appointment. Appointments are held at Pell Elementary School located at 35 Dexter St on Monday through Friday.
If you are unable to get to the Pell Elementary School and would like to schedule an appointment at an alternate school site, please contact Jamie Meeks directly at (401)619-5562.
To find out more about before and after school childcare, click here.
Please complete the registration packet prior to your visit, click on NPS Registration Packet below to download the packet to your computer. You will need Adobe Reader to complete the forms on your computer. To download Adobe Reader, click here. If you do not have a printer, the saved unsigned forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you arrive to register, we will print them for your signature.
NPS Registration Packet